Saturday, January 11, 2014

Chris Christie praises himself in apology

By Pablo Fanque, National Affairs Ed.
illustration by Jack Brummet




In his 108 minute "apology" Thursday, Governor Chris Christie never really apologized.  He did, actually, but not for anything he did. “I’m telling you: I had nothing to do with this.” As David Letterman said, he "boldly took responsibility by blaming everyone but himself."   And then he told us about himself:

  • “I’m a very loyal guy.”
  • “I am not a focus-group-tested, blow-dried candidate.”
  • “I’ve worked for the last 12 years in public life developing a reputation for honesty.”
  • “I’ve engendered the sense and feeling among the people closest to me that we’re a family.”
  • “I’m a person who cares deeply about doing my job well.”
  • “I’m incredibly loyal to my people.”
  • “I was the class president and athlete.”
---o0o--- 

No comments: