Thursday, April 07, 2011

Two Marines: Betty & William Jennings Bryan Jones

My mom, Betty Echo Jones, and her father William Jennings Bryan Jones in about 1943.  My grandpa had re-enlisted in the Marines when World War II started (he had also been in the Marines in World War I). 

This picture was taken by one of the Seattle newspapers as part of a "human interest story" when my mom enlisted in the Marines during World War II.  The photo did not please her mother, who had long since divorced my grandpa.


click to enlarge
---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack,
I am an investigator who was asked by a friend of mine to locate your mother Betty Echo Jones Brummett because her class ring from BHS was found by him!! Is your mother still alive? Please contact me ASAP at pandoraeyre@comcast.net.