Sunday, May 17, 2009

All This Is That reheated:

Due to the exigencies of work (I'm slammed!), for the next few days, we'll be posting some of the best of All This Is That. Unless Pablo Fanque actually comes through with some new material to fill the breech. I suspect he will.

From All This Is That, December 4th, 2004:


Poem: The Absence of Footprints

1.
We're not trilliums or daffodils
That spring back up
After a nap in the dirt.

2.
You told me you wanted
To make the crossing
Over to Cold Island
And I could never believe you.

It wasn't the karmic stain
That bothered me,
But the unfathomable fact
You didn't want to be here;
That all this wasn't enough.

All this is that.
And it wasn't enough.

3.
You stare into the ditch
You spent years unloading.

You are afraid to climb in
And stop,

To take something
That isn't working,
and make it not work forever.

4.
It's
so
quiet
you
hear
dust
motes
six
feet
up
bump
in
shafts
of
sunlight.
---o0o---

No comments: