Monday, May 18, 2009

All This Is That Reheated: How I became Jack

How I became Jack Brummet

I was working for a magazine in Seattle called Construction Data. On my first day on the job, my boss, McGoo, walked up to me and said "I have your new business cards."

He handed me a box of the cards.

“Jack Brummet. Circulation marketing and feature article writer? Jack?," I asked.

“I like that, yeah. Jack. Face it. . .John is a pussy name. Jack’s the name of a man's man. These are constuction guys named Bill and Biff and Sven. Do you want to sell magazines, or be be some marketing fop named John?”

I became Jack. And I still am.
---o0o---

2 comments:

Steve said...

Now that this great unanswered question has been answered, my life is complete. It would surprise me if DB Cooper walked into my yard next.

Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. said...

I always thought you were imitating Jack Kennedy.