Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend: free cut out Easter greeting cards, by an unknown prankster/artist

I don't know who created these cut-out Easter cards of Jesus and the bunny [1]. I've had them since before JPG became the primary image format. These were originally BMPs or TIFFs.


click to enlarge another image/photo by an unknown artist. This
sepia rendering of Golgotha [2] does capture something of the bleakness
that muist have been in the air Good Friday. You have to wonder
about the clouds, 'though. . .it's 90 in Jerusalem today, it will be
95 tomorrow. . .and it always has been!


click to enlarge



click to enlarge
[1] Seeing this image reminds me that I need to write about the underground dinner Daryle, Claire, Keelin, and I attended...a "one pot dinner" where one of the courses was rabbit, which I like. Rabbit just seems to be one off from most people's comfort zone; one small stop beyond the familiar...like Buffalo, or Venison, Sweetbreads or Tripe, Pigeon, Boar, Smelt, or Sea Urchin. On the whole, I probably prefer chicken...rabbit's fine, but for the price, you can pick up an organic, free range, "heriloom" chicken with incredible flavor. Of "odd" food I've eaten, I'd probably put jellyfish and grilled fishheads on the top of the rockpile, although they each have certain charms. Not necessarily charms I'd repeat, if I had the option, but on the other hand, I've had worse. . .have you ever eaten at Denny's, Sambo's (yeah, they closed the last one years ago), Howard Johnson's, Marie Callendar's, etc.? I am reminded of the rumors that dogged Frank Zappa for years, alleging that he munched on a Brown Bomber at a show.
As Frank Zappa said: For the records, folks: I never took a shit on stage, and the closest I ever came to eating shit anywhere was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1973.
[2] Calvary is the English-language name given to Golgotha, outside of Ancient Jerusalem, where Christ was assassinated, The exact location is handed down from antiquity. Although the significance of the name is lost to modernity, Calvariae Locus in Latin, Κρανιου Τοπος (Kraniou Topos) in Greek, and Gûlgaltâ in Aramaic all denote 'place of [the] skull.'
---o0o---

No comments: