Friday, February 09, 2007

John Lennon Video: Watching The Wheels

I remember this song playing that terrible December day (Dec. 8, 1980), when John Lennon was assassinated. I was at home on the Upper West Side of NYC, and could hear dozens of sirens. Just a few blocks away, John Lennon had just been shot.

I was listening to Vin Scelsa on the WNEW-FM 102.7, and he broke in crying, telling us his good friend John had just been killed at The Dakota. Friends like Jerry Melin called, and my friend Cheryl Hardwick called and insisted we needed to drink some wine together. Of all the stupid killings over the years, this one hurt the most. It's hard to convey how much this one hurt. 27 years later, things have not much improved. No one knows what the years would have brought, but I don't think it would have been so bad to hear John's take on the 21st century.


---o0o---

No comments: