Friday, September 08, 2006

Dean Ericksen's dream!

Regular readers may recall Dean's Ericksen's earlier appearances on All This Is That. . .the most recent one is here. He sent me and another friend, Tanya, his dream this morning for explication.

Naturally, I imposed a most scurrilous (and Freudian) interpretation on the dream. But I'll leave it to to y'all to judge for yourselves. . .

"OK. So, it all starts when I’m invited to a big party (a wake? It’s hard to tell) at Frank Sinatra’s house. Frank’s house is in Redmond [Wash.] . It’s large, but not moviestar-large; it’s in an upscale new development. There’s a big front yard covered with chairs for the guests. The only celebrity that I can see is George Burns, with his stereotypical cigar and check-coat. I expect to hear some crooning from the microphone, but nothing much is happening. "

"Apparently I have a backstage pass, as I find myself wandering around in Frank’s modestly appointed home, mixing with random people, and eating pistachios from an ashtray. A woman introduces herself to me. She is Frank’s grand-daughter; she is about seven-feet tall. It’s not long before I find myself getting busy with her on a pile of cardboard on Frank’s patio. The logistics of this coupling are non-sensual, mechanical, absurd. My heart is just not in it."

"Anyway, I pull myself together and wander back in to the house. A Mafioso grabs me by the arm and says that Frank would like to see me. I’m led to a door, and told by the man not to make fun of Frank’s little sister. The door swings open and Frank is sitting on a huge leather chair in a smoking jacket. Next to him on a stool is a porcelain statue of a Victorian-age girl. Frank begins to laugh maniacally and his face turns the color of a pomegranate. "
---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes some real cojones I think to "couple" with The Chairman's Amazon granddaughter, so you have to give him props for that. The fact that he couldn't complete this act probably also has some psychology behind it. I gladly forgo the money shot for that last scene with Frank's sister.