Monday, March 27, 2006

Poem: Changes Five/The waiting



The clouds
Rise up to heaven
Waiting

We wait here
In the meadow
With the bugs and butterflies

Making their wars
In the alfalfa the air
The sod and water

We wait on the sand
Of ancient oceans
For news from a far place

They wait in the cold mud
For the caissons tanks and troops
And the arrival of the enemy

If you wait
In blood
Get out of the pit

Know why you wait
And if you wait
For rescue or destruction

Three uninvited guests arrive
One falls into the pit
Rescue her

Honor them all
And in the end
Mercy and kharma will follow

One may confront and best crises
By waiting
As long is necessary

For opportunity
To emerge
(You'll know it when you see it)

Avoid being panicked
Into action
By immediate danger

Stand back
Let the drama rush by
Then make your move.
---o0o---

1 comment:

Keekee Brummet said...

Thanks you my dear niece! I have been writing these I-ching poems (five now), and I'm not so sure about them. . .but I've always wanted (for maybe 20 years) to write poems inspired by the I-ching. I don't know if it's working for me or not--so thank you!

When you say you inherited my old Deja Vu album, it must be the record! Vinyl! I have it on CD, but I never knew where all my old records went to. . .there is no one I'd rather have it! I must have bought that one the week it came out (about 1971!). love, jack