Saturday, February 04, 2006

Blogspot Snafu -- Blogspot has been down & may still be wheezing!



I have been unable to reach blogger/blogspot all day, and it looks like like Saturday's posts were all lost. It looks like a handful of people were able to reach the blog, but not me!.

This is the first time in 15 months I haven't posted to this blog. This just barely counts....now, I am a little gunshy about putting anything up that might disappear.

From Blogspot Saturday: "Blogspot is again experiencing problems - we are investigating."

"Update, 8PM: We have restored all of Blog*Spot, save one of our filers. This means that some blogs will still be unpublishable and inaccessible. Our engineers are continuing to work on this
problem."


"Update, 11PM: Blog*Spot servers are restarting now and connecting with the filer. All blogs should be publishable and accessible within the next 20–30 minutes."

It looks like there are still problems with the system (I can recover what was lost, more or less). But it looks like the blog templates are not working right...and other things seem awry. The blog template will not work right...the formatting is wrong, etc. I can fix that eventually, but for now, I am waiting to see what happens next. I keep losing things because I think all is well.

I have more than once written stories and poems in the blogger editor. And been burned at least once....it's playing with fire, it's almost as bad as trusting your hard disk.

I can take solace (not much) that hundreds of thousands of blogspot bloggers are all in the same boat. And all the readers--lost without the blogs. . .they might have to read a book or take a walk or go out to hear some music or something!

All that profundity lost! Somehow, the world will survive.
---o0o---

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

I think we just had to hold our collective blog breaths ... oddly enough, any comments lost were claimed, by those making them, to be highly intelligent and witty ... mmmm, so I read said comments in my yahoo account.

Anyway, I had to check out your site after reading your superb piece about what a good friend will do ... I enjoyed stopping by.

regards,
Di