Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Seven Year Art Project, Part 3 - Painting: Amusement Only


click to enlarge

This is one of the eight non-portrait canvases from this project. Aside from the acrylic paint, pen, ink, and Sharpie, it incorporates

my favorite number
hobo signs
a barking dolphin
a piece of Ripley's believe it or not
a symbol alleged to be from a UFO's logo
a clip from a newspaper about duct tape over a sensor causing a jet crash
pieces of a dollar bill
a Herman Melville postage stamp
a free drink card from Microsoft
my luggage tag from my last trip to Tucson
a boneless sticker
a chunk of a marine hatband
a piece of cloth with Chinese characters
a Mexican lottery card
an amusement only sign from a pinball machine
two postage stamps from The Republic of San Marino.
---o0o---

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the 23 in reference to the law of fives? Sto wants to know.

Keekee Brummet said...

No. It's always been a favorite number for various reasons: I like the rhythm; one of the great Posies albums is Dear 23; it's the birthday of my friend Milo Petersen (seattle jazz guy, and someone I've known since I was six months old!).

I assume Sto meant the band Law of Fives--who probably weren't even a band when I painted this (around five years ago). /jack

Anonymous said...

He was actually talking about the illuminati. :P

Keekee Brummet said...

Nope. I barely knew anything about them. At least the alien-IFO theorists have a quirky, nutty charm...these cats are spooky!